Translate

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Sunday Sentiments - 4x6 Art Card - Oct 19, 2014



I already had the background done with homemade sprays made from SU re-inker and water. I had gessoed it first. I have a heap of these cards from when I was a Linen consultant so they have text on them. They are invitation cards.
I recently bought some Tim Holtz stamps that were almost half price. The stamps here are from the Urban Chic collection by Stampers Anonymous. I think it's been around for a while. I used Versafine ink which really gives a great impression every time. The circular dots stamp is by Hero Arts - I went over the image with a black paint pen. The floral border is a rub-on from Art Stamps Australia.

I stamped the hearts on the background and also on white card and cut out 3 different sizes. The sentiment is also stamped on white card. I outlined the hearts and the bird with the black paint pen and inked the edges of the card with black Archival Ink. I added some more texture to the background by stamping the splatter dots which were on the edge of the heart stamp.

12 comments:

VickiRossArt said...

Nice card, roz! Don't know hoe you kept up with the different stamps!

rozwillster@gmail.com said...

Thank you Vicki...I don't either!!

buterfliecrafter said...

just fantastic, so much going on and love the grungy feel of it.

rozwillster@gmail.com said...

Thanks so much Vicky!!

Unknown said...

Roz it is a fantastic sentiment and I loved your background!

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

This is so beautiful Roz! Thanks for the description as well, otherwise I would have had a lot of questions! 6X4 is a good size to work on - I always find ATC size just too small for art cards. Thanks for linking up this week. Hope to see you next week as well!

rozwillster@gmail.com said...

Many thanks Ruth and Zsuzsa xox

itsamistry said...

Lovely card and I like that size to work on to. Anita

rozwillster@gmail.com said...

Thank you Anita!

Heather said...

A lovely card - I especially love the color choices. For some reason Green and Purple have always been TOPS on my combo list. I just love it.

SCarol said...

Wonderful and striking and I love the quote.

rozwillster@gmail.com said...

Thanks Heather...I love that combo too.
Thanks for your comment Susan.