Translate

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

A Before and After Journal Page in an Altered Book


I did this about 2 years ago.
This time I added rice paper with the fish and added some shading with Pitt pens.
I accentuated the seahorses with outlining. Originally they were done with ink through a stencil.
The sea grass was done with a tree stencil and modelling paste. I think I coloured it with markers. This time I went over it with the Pitt pens - green & black.



The lattice is modelling paste through a stencil. I didn't do anything to it this time except cover a lot of it up with the rice paper.


The scrolls around the edge are stamped.
They don't show much now though! I added the bubbles with black gel pen. They are part of the seahorse stencil.

 I also outlined the fish because I tried to accentuate them with a white chalk paint pen and ended up having to remove most of it.

     



    

    
    

No comments: